We could go on for pages on saying how great the new version is, but we’ll cut to the chase, and give you the run down:
- Kernel 184.108.40.206 – *Much* improved mac80211 stack.
- USB 3.0 support.
- New wireless cards supported.
- All wireless Injection patches applied, maximum support for wireless attacks.
- Even *faster* desktop environment.
- Revamped Fluxbox environment for the KDE challenged.
- Metasploit rebuilt from scratch, MySQL db_drivers working out of the box.
- Updated old packages, added new ones, and removed obsolete ones.
- New BackTrack Wiki with better documentation and support.
- Our most professional, tested and streamlined release ever.
For those wanting to upgrade an older release of BT4, an apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade should do the job.
We are also pleased to announce the beginning of a new BackTrack Wiki which covers many important features of BackTrack. Get your brand new copy of BackTrack 4 R2 from our download page. If you enjoy BackTrack and would like to donate to our project – please check our community page! And as usual, if you are looking for high quality real world penetration testing training, check out our Offensive-Security courses.